Quality Outcomes at West Midlands Hospital
We take the views of our patients very seriously and use their feedback to continually develop and improve our services.
All feedback from patients regarding their experiences at West Midlands Hospital are welcomed and inform service development in various ways dependent on the type of experience (both positive and negative) and action required to address them.
All positive feedback is relayed to the relevant staff to reinforce good practice and behaviour – letters and cards are displayed for staff to see in staff rooms and notice boards. Managers ensure that positive feedback from patients is recognised and any individuals mentioned are praised accordingly.
Feedback regarding the patient’s experience is encouraged in various ways via:
- Continuous patient satisfaction feedback via a web based invitation
- Hot alerts received within 48hrs of a patient making a comment on their web survey
- CQC patient surveys
- Friends and family questions asked on patient discharge
- Written feedback via letters/emails
- PROMs surveys
Recent Quality Statistics*
- 100% of patients said they were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment.
- 100% of patientssaid they were given enough privacy when discussing their care and treatments
- 98% of patients said they found someone on the hospital staff to talk to about their worries and fears
- 98.7% of patients said they were happy with the doctors at the hospital
- 98.7% of patientssaid they were happy with the cleanliness of the hospital
*Statistics taken from the QaR Patient Satisfaction Survey for Inpatients and Outpatients (August 2017)
Friends and Family Survey*
Our Friends and Family survey is handed to patients when they are discharged from West Midlands Hospital.
- 100% of daycase patients said they are extremely likely to recommend the hospital
- 100% of inpatients said they are extremely likely to recommend the hospital
*Statistics taken from Friends and Family Responses – September 2017