West Midlands Hospital is a leading provider of oral surgery, our consultants provide a friendly, professional service which is tailored to meet your individual needs.
The specialty of Oral Surgery deals with the diagnosis and management of diseases of the mouth and jaws that requires surgical intervention. Oral Surgery involves the treatment of children, adolescents and adults, and the management of dentally anxious and medically complex patients.
Oral Surgery care in the UK is provided by Oral Surgeons and by Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons as the clinical competencies of these two specialties overlap. The UK General Medical Council recognises ‘Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery’ as a medical specialty. Some Oral Surgeon posses extended training in areas of Maxillofacial Surgery.
An outpatient facility is available for the investigation and diagnosis of these diseases including biopsy for oral cancer screening.
Day case surgical facilities are available for the surgical management of those conditions that can be done under local anaesthesia, sedation or a short general anaesthesia – wisdom teeth, – impacted canines, – jaw cysts, – soft tissue surgery.
- Removal of Wisdom Teeth
- Removal of other impacted teeth or complex extractions
- Uncovering (Exposure) of Impacted Canine Teeth for guided eruption for combined orthodontic treatment
- Teeth extraction pre placement of dental implants - alveolar bone preservation
- Apicectomy and apical surgery
- Dental Implant placement
- Bone reconstruction for dental implants
- Oral cancer screening - biopsy
- Benign jaw cysts - Diagnosis and surgical treatment
- Surgical treatment for labial frenum - frenectomy
- Salivary glands lesions - diagnosis and treatment
Extended competencies in Maxillofacial surgery include:
- Dento-facial deformities (maxillo-mandibular osteotomies - orthognathic surgery)
- Oral and Maxillofacial trauma
- Oral and Maxillofacial infections
- Oral Medicine
- Salivary Gland pathology
- Skin lesions in the face and neck
Care and Comfort
If you choose us for an oral surgery treatment, your care and comfort is of paramount importance to us. During and after treatment you will receive a standard of care which is second to none and as a patient you can be reassured that our theatre and paramedical services are available 24 hours a day.
Find Out More
To find out more about all our Oral Surgeries, please call West Midlands Hospital on 01384 880174.
Our Consultant Oral Surgeons are highly regarded in their field, skilled in every aspect of oral surgery and they have all undergone intensive training in their fields.
All our consultants hold or have held posts in the NHS as well as private practices, and a number are fully qualified members of the British Association of Oral Surgery and British Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.