West Midlands Hospital physiotherapy department is a diverse and motivated team West Midlands Hospital’s physiotherapy department is a diverse and motivated team of Senior Chartered Physiotherapists and the department has been established for over 20 years.
The Department has both in and outpatient facilities and offers a comprehensive
range of treatments.
We aim to provide a complete package of care to patients and combine a full
assessment with education and self-help programmes and conventional
Click here to meet our Physiotherapy Team.
The physiotherapy team is experienced in a range of areas including:
• General Musculoskeletal conditions
• Post Orthopaedic Surgery Patients
• Sports injuries
• Vertigo and Balance problems
• Acute and Chronic back/neck problems
• Post operative breast surgery care
• Arthritic and Rheumatic conditions
• Respiratory conditions
• Women’s health conditions
Key Information and Benefits
All staff are experienced CharteredPhysiotherapists registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
• The Department is well equipped withwide range of modern physiotherapeutic equipment
• One hour is allocated for initial assessments including treatment
• Full 1/2 hour follow up appointments or more when required
• We aim to see emergency problems within 48 hours of referral
• One to one patient care
• Extended appointment hours available
• Recognised by all major insurance companies
• No waiting list
Department Opening Times
- Monday 8am - 8pm
- Tuesday 8am - 8pm
- Wednesday 8am - 7pm
- Thursday 8am - 8pm
- Friday 8am - 4pm
The Physiotherapy department accepts referrals from both consultants and insured patients. You may also self-refer for treatment. In this situation, the Physiotherapist will report any findings and outcome at the end of your treatment back to your GP.
What we do
At West Midlands Hospital we use a range of approaches to treat patients which include:
- Movement and exercise – taking into account a person’s current level of health and their specific requirements
- Manual therapy techniques – where the physiotherapist helps recovery by using their hands to relieve muscle pain and stiffness and encourage blood flow to an injured part of the body.
- Aquatic Therapy – a type of physiotherapy carried out in water
- Shockwave Therapy
Call us today on 01384 632 646 or email us via our contact form.