Helen Hunt - BSc (Hons),SRP, MHPCC
Position: Deputy Physiotherapy Manager
Primary Qualification: BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
University and Year of Graduation: The University of Birmingham 2004
- Currently studying an MSc in Rehabilitation Studies, due to graduate 2022
- PG Cert in Continence (2020) (The University of Bradford)
- Pelvic and Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy (POGP) full member
- Advanced Certification in Pessaries and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- PINC Women's Health certified Cancer Rehabilitation Therapist (2020)
- Level 6 Diploma in Leadership and Management (2018)
- Menopause Management (2019)
- Yoga teaching Diploma (2018)
- Cognitive Institute Speak up for Safety accredited Trainer (2018)
- Assessment and management of female urinary dysfunction - POGP and CSP accredited (2018)
- Physiotherapy in the Childbearing Year. POGP and CSP accredited (2017)
- Anti Natal/Post Natal Pilates Instructor (2015)
- Freestyle fitness Yoga instructor (2017)
- Bike fit qualification (2016)
- APPI Certified Pilates Instructor (2014)
- Diploma in Sports Massage and Biomechanics (2012)
- AACP Acupuncture (2009)
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Medicine (2006)
Since qualifying I have worked in both the NHS (primary and secondary care) and private settings across all areas of physiotherapy with emphasis on musculoskeletal and women’s health. I have worked in sports through local netball teams providing training based prehab and rehab. I joined Ramsay in 2009 and then became physiotherapy manager in 2011. In 2018, I became deputy manager to allow for MSc study and progress my advanced clinical management within pelvic health.
I have a special interest in Prehab, return to fitness and Women’s health conditions. In particular, anti and post-natal, perimenopause, continence, pelvic health in exercise and pelvic pain (Endometriosis in particular). I am tutor for the POGP Advanced Management of Pelvic Pain course within post-graduate education and I also guest tutor for under-graduate Physiotherapy students at The University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University. I have led a number of educational talks to promote Women’s health within the local community and at fitness and music festivals. I teach Yoga and Pilates regularly, both with patients and in a gym setting and promote breathing, mindfulness and meditation.
Anything active, especially with my 3 boys! I enjoy running (mostly up to half marathons), Taekwondo, sea kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, Skiing and snowboarding. Yoga and Pilates also feature heavily, in particular trying to mastering them on my paddle board. I also love a Pinterest Project.
Call us today on 01384 632 646 or email us via our contact form.