Pilates is a mind – body conditioning exercise programme that targets the deep postural muscles of the stomach and back to improve stability and posture.
The mind and body are brought together to achieve these aims through the following eight principles:
- Flowing movement
Pilates uses specific therapeutic exercise to:
- Retrain muscle balance and correct alignment
- Assist with back mobility
- Improve flexibility with the trunk and lower limbs
It also provides you with an education on body and postural awareness
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates suits all ages and fitness levels ,and is particularly beneficial for those with back pain, poor posture, neurological conditions, vestibular and balance conditions, sports injury, arthritis, stress relates illness and before and after pregnancy.
Pilates classes are now being run by West Midlands Hospital, Chartered Physiotherapist and APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute) qualified Pilates instructor – Helen Hunt.
When and where do the classes run?
Classes are held every Monday and Tuesday 5.30pm - 6.15pm.
At Halesowen College, Whittingham Road, Halesowen B63 3NA
Mondays: Intermediate Class
Tuesdays: Beginner Class
The complete course of sessions runs over 6 classes, and is open to anyone at any level. The total cost for 6 sessions is £60. If you have not been attending physiotherapy within West Midlands Hospital, Halesowen then you will need to attend for a FREE 30 minutes Pilates assessment, to ensure suitability for classes and to teach the Pilates 5 key elements.
New Mum and Baby Pilates Class
Come and join in our New Mum and Baby Pilates class.
- Taught by a Specialist post-natal physiotherapist Pilates Instructor.
- Enjoy returning to exercise safely.
- No childcare needed as you bring your new baby bundle along with you.
- Great for mummy and baby bonding.
- Meet other new mums.
- Improve pelvic floor, core and whole body strength.
- Improve breathing pattern.
- Improve your postural awareness and strengthen your mind – body connection.
You’ll receive a free 30 minute assessment with a specialist women’s health physiotherapist prior to starting the class to teach the Pilates 5 key elements and pelvic floor and tummy gap check.
Call us today on 01384 632 646 or email us via our contact form.